Skip to main content

Sourdough Pizza on Non-stick Pan and No knead dough

Thinking to make pizza bread on non-stick pan with my sourdough starter. It was a challenge for me as it was my first trial to do this experiment.
I did not do any kneading on the dough, I just folded them. I did overnight cold fermentation in the fridge. 




The ingredients as below:

5 tbsp starter – 75 gr
1 tbsp whole wheat flour -20 gr
2 tbsp all purpose flour / bread flour – 40 gr
3 tbsp water – 40 ml
Consistency starter – not too thick and not too watery. After feeding, I left the starter for 3 hours in room temperature.  

After 3 hours, I tried to do floating test and the starter was double in volume. 


Then I mixed it with the next ingredients as below: 

3 tbsp whole wheat flour – 50 gr
4 tbsp all purpose flour / bread flour – 100 gr
All starter ingredients from above
1 cup water – 150 - 175 ml
Consistency dough – a bit sticky dough

Let the dough autolyse in room temperature for ½ hour, placed it in the fridge and cover with wet towel. Before I went to sleep, I folded the dough two times. Let it be in the fridge overnight.

The next morning, the dough was double in volume. I Punched it down, added 1 tsp salt and mix / fold them well. Leave it in room temperature for 1-2 hours.
Here you may see the air spaces that the starter build up overnight. 

The dough was double in volume after overnight fermentation
Bring the dough to lightly dusted counter top; divide the dough into two or three.

Shape it into ball and rest it on the counter top for 10 minutes.

Heat up the non-stick pan.

Take a piece of dough and flatten it according to the pan size. Place the dough on the pan. 

Bake it each side with medium heats for 3-4 minutes each side. I covered the pan while baking. Flip another side. 

Bake it to golden brown. Transfer it out to plate




Pizza Bread from Pan
Prepare your topping:
I used tomato ketchup and top up with sliced paprika, cooked chicken sausage and sunny side up. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and grated parmesan cheese

The hole from the sourdough starter. I did not do any kneading. It came out fluffy.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Martabak using sourdough starter

Martabak Murtabak or martabak is a stuffed pancake or pan-fried bread which is commonly found in Saudi Arabia, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Brunei. (resource:wikipedia.com) The sweet martabak is spread with butter/margarine, sugar, crushed peanuts, chocolate sprinkles, cheese and other toppings. Before serving, the martabak is folded in half, so the toppings get in the middle of martabak.

Sourdough oats bread

Sourdough oats bread The new year 2018 is coming, i have not updated my blog for long time. I have been doing some new metod of baking sourdough bread.

Brötchen - homemade bun

Back to Germany for vacation It is the family bonding time. I love to bake at home. This time, I try to bake Brötchen which is known as bread bun.